Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 19


 What 34 looks like!


On January 8th I turned 34 years old. I noticed today last year I did a post similar to this and I really liked looking back at it. This year my birthday kind of threw me for a loop. There were several life circumstances that made me wish I could just postpone my birthday all together.

But of course people who love you would not hear of such a pity party and they did everything they could to brighten my day. I am not usually one to get the blahs and let it get me down but they had a hold of me and I was giving in to the idea to just skip the whole celebrating thing. I guess this could be a post hysterectomy roller coaster ride that I need to watch out for.

The year has been a good year for me and I have worked on so many goals. I am stronger than I have been in my life. I am healthier than I have ever been too. I am a whole year into boot camp and  I love it. Life has been good to me and I am thankful for another year of it!


I am continuing on with my goals and setting new ones. I am opening my mind up to some changes in the coming year also. I am going to put my new love for running to the test and start running 5k races starting in February. I am going to chop off my hair tomorrow because I am unhappy with it and ready for a change there too. My drastic diet change over the last 2 years has left my hair thin and brittle. I take a handful of vitamins everyday but I think my hair must have thrived on potato chips and french fries.  I am accepting that having luscious long locks is not in the cards for me so short & sassy here I come!