Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day Twelve

Tonight was a big night for Macy. Her heart and soul is in acting and considering she landed the lead role in her first grade production way back when I shouldn't be too surprised. Tonight she auditioned for a role in Cheaper by the Dozen for the Leeds Arts Council . We have never experience this sort of audition. Macy and I looked up how to prepare a theatrical resume and over the weekend we took her head shot.

Everyone went into a small theater and the director called up people by random to read certain roles. Macy was called up twice and she did pretty good. I was happy I got to watch she was a bit nervous but never really stumbled. There were more girls Macy's age group than any other age so we will just cross our fingers for now. I think Macy's strong points were her voice projection , how clearly she spoke and her appearance.The play is based off the novel not the movie but it was still pretty funny no matter if she gets a part we will go see it in March.

I am proud of her for taking a risk and doing something she's never done before. I know this is her dream and I will support her all the way. Good Luck to you Macy!