Pages

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Weekend Recap

On Friday I woke up nice and early not to go to Bootcamp but to board a bus. A bus that was headed to the Huntsville Space and Rocket Center along Parker for his class field trip. I am not much on museums and such so I probably should have passed this trip on to Brian but overall it was a good trip. It did make for a long day and coming home the bus was really hot and the traffic was bad going through Downtown at rush hour on a Friday.

On Saturday I spent the day out shopping with Macy. We had a salad at Zaxby's then headed to a few of our favorite stores. We got her a couple of shirts and me a dress. We found Brian a bathing suit on sale at Penny's because I despise the two old man suits he bought himself some time ago. Then we decided to was such a pretty day we should go tryout the YMCA pool. A phone call to Brian and he and the boys were headed home to go with us. The pool was nice and felt really good. I took time to swim laps which I haven't done in a full size pool since my swim team days. I didn't have decent goggles but I did my best. I did about 12 laps and I could feel it in my muscles and felt winded. I can't wait to get some nice goggles and get back in there for some laps. This is exactly what I need to be working on for my Sprint triathlon that is in August.

Today was Mother's Day . The kids got me a gift card to the Nike Store and another running hat. I had already asked for us to have family pictures done as a part of my gift and we will do that in a few weeks. The kids pitched in and helped get the house .laundry and yard work done. It will be so nice to start  Monday not far behind on house work.
We visited with my Mom and Dad and the kids went for a swim. The water is still far too cold for sensible people to swim in but you know kids they don't care. 
After dinner of grilled pork chops and homemade scallop potatoes we went over and visited with Brian's Mom and Dad.

Brian and I had a discussion on gift buying. He thinks I am impossible to buy for and says he has the hardest time. I am thinking on this and trying to come up with a good solution for us both. He is not into gifts ever and really doesn't care about getting gifts for himself so it's an odd situation.  I don't want to buy my own gifts, and I want our sons to learn how to be toward their own future wives when it comes to special occasions. Maybe we can come up with a good solution for both of us , we have tossed around a few ideas.

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day and a great week ahead!