Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Another Monday

Today started the new week and the countdown to the last 2 weeks of school. Each Monday which is the hardest day of the week for the kids we talk about how many Monday mornings we have left till school is out for summer. Parker is already in summer mode and dreads each day which makes the morning time alot of fun.Not!

Yesterday I sat down and put some thought into dinners for the week. I am so bored with our typical meals so I am always on the look out for healthy, tasty yet easy to prepare meals . I came up with a few things and bought the ingredients I needed. This week we will have.

*A new Crock pot Chicken and Dumpling recipe
*Pancakes and turkey sausage
*A new Crock pot beef tips and rice recipe
*ground turkey pasta and garlic bread
*baked chicken fingers and mac n cheese or on salad

Tonight we are having the chicken and dumplings from this recipe. dumplings.http://cargilefamilyrecipes.blogspot.com/2010/09/crock-pot-chicken-dumplings.html
I did add an extra can of the soups and extra chicken to feed the gang. So far it smells and looks great!

The YMCA is working out well for the family. We are really enjoying going together. The older teens are beginning to see that exercise can be fun and the middles are just being more active . Parker enjoys playing basketball every time and Molly likes walking and jogging the track. I started swimming laps and found out a 400 meter swim is 16 laps Wowzers, that a bunch. Last night I would say started my official training . I ran 1 mile on the treadmill,biked for 3 miles and swam 32 laps total. Sundays are usually my off day but I am eager to work on my swimming and try out my goggles so off I went. The goggles weren't the best but they didn't leak just fogged up really bad. I am working on a training schedule to build up for my August goal. My workouts for this week went like this.

Monday-boot camp morning / night YMCA 3.1 mile run ,6 mile bike
Tuesday- off... took the boys swimming
Wednesday- boot camp /3 mile run in the neighborhood
Thursday- off... due to Macy's play
Friday-YMCA run 2 miles,bike 6, and weights
Saturday-boot camp
Sunday-YMCA 1 mile run, 3 mile bike, 32 laps swim

I still have 10 pounds that I am working on losing. They are a very stubborn 10 pounds but I am staying focused. In the upcoming months I am changing up my workouts which may just help move things in the right direction. Changing my workout will also lead for me getting more sleep which also could help.


In other food news. I have found a new go to lunch item. It's a very yummy frozen turkey patties (Jenni-o frozen patty) cooked on the George Forman with a sprinkle one of the 4 Mrs.Dash flavors I have. I put this on a wheat bun and call it a McGobble double (get it Mc gobble? turkey burger? haha) . I use a little ketchup and 1 piece of 2% American which melts between the patties. It's awesome and so easy so I am hooked. I always feel full after my McGobble. It has been my lunch for the past 3 days.

The week is shaping up to be a pretty busy one. Brian will be traveling to NYC, Molly has a orthodontist appointment , Macy has a meeting at the school board tonight, Logan has football practice some this week also. I am thankful right now that I am caught up on laundry, now to get motivated to do some deep cleaning!