Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Family Pictures

You would think this post would include pictures, wouldn't you? The pictures are in the hands of the photographer so she can work her magic on them. I was far too stressed out and frazzled to remember to take my own snapshots. Haha!

I love to have pictures of my kids. I love seeing them as a group at their various stages. I just don't love the prep and act of actually getting them ready. Oh yes, the picture taking of everyone is as fun as herding sheep at times.

Back on Mother's Day I asked my kids for a gift of family pictures. They groaned but agreed to do this for me. That day came this Saturday morning. I had been undecided what we would wear till Thursday and it all came together pretty easily. I went with a coral floral sundress. Brian already had a nice coral button down that would go. The boys shirts all coordinated well as did the girls outfits. Ta-da the decision of what to wear was solved quickly and painlessly.

I left the location of the pictures up to the photographer. Her first spot was an overgrown area where there was tall grass and some flying bugs which we tried to ignore. We did some there and some on a gravel road. The next location was in a industrial park area. She did both groups pictures, individuals of the kids and a few of Brian and I together. 

Family pictures are now scratched off the to do list for another year. This year I have been reminded how life is such a gift. I am trying to enjoy the stages that each of my kids are in right now. I can't wait to see how they turn out. I am sure they will be great. I hope they show personality in the kids because that means everything.

Overall the whole photo shoot was pretty painless. There were no tears, minimal complaining and the bribing of a good meal to hungry children worked. Our photographer is just so sweet with the patience of an angel. She was able to keep the 2 year old attentive while also keeping it cool for the teens. I did my best to button my lip and let her do her thing.  I pinky promise you all that I will share the results as soon as I get them. Can't wait!