Pages

Sunday, December 05, 2010

That time again

The decorations are up with alot of help from the kids. I still have a bunch of things to wrap and that's on the to do list for tomorrow between loads of laundry. I am very happy with my new Christmas tree this year. My old one was a cheapy and the lights had gone out in spots so replacing it was easier than trying to rescue it. The color scheme is lime green, red and white  and I love it. It's fun and whimsical and really brightens up the house.
Over the weekend we have the last annual Dealnews Christmas party. It was so much fun seeing everyone. It was decorated so pretty and the food was good. I had the spinach salad with cranberries,walnuts with  small amount of honey balsamic dressing and a piece of prime rib. I didn't have any of the large amounts of appetizers (cheeses,salami,crab cakes,sausage pinwheels and so much more) and I skipped the grits bar that had every topping you could want. The dessert table hosted a large variety of cheesecakes. I had thought of getting a small sliver of something chocolaty but the chocolate was already gone so it was easy for me to pass up the rest. Seeing old friends and meet new was the highlight of the party. I understand the need to move the gathering away from Christmas because of it being their busiest time of year. They are talking about hosting a Halloween party instead which sounds fun too. 

December is just flying by so fast. We have several more Christmas gatherings and have to get to the mall for Santa pictures very soon. The girls are already talking about our Christmas baking. We still have the gingerbread houses to make and the list goes on. We have watched as a family a handful of our favorite Christmas movies and tonight play a Christmas game after dinner as we sat around the dining room table. I can't believe school will be out on break in just 2 weeks!