Pages

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Less than a week now

Our week started on a sad note last week as a local High School boy passed away in a car accident. It was a shock to our whole community. Macy is good friends with his little sister and their Mom had helped coach Macy's softball team her last season. So it really hit home with us and our hearts go out to this family. It's so unthinkable a young life ending at 16 years old.

This was the kids last week of school before Christmas break. Macy was out sick one day with what I am pretty sure was food poisoning. No one else got sick at all and she was in so much pain and so sick for about 8 hours. I was thankful it wasn't a virus that would have us all sick leading up till Christmas.  

I was able to get the shopping done for the girls and I to do our holiday baking this week. We will be doing gingerbread houses very soon too. I have all of that ready to go! On Friday night Molly , Erin and I had a great time making sugar cookies. These two girls love doing this and they have gotten so good at it. We baked them and they decorated them. I wish i had taken more up close pictures of them decorated because they were so cute and each cookie had so much personality . Tara came over and decorated a sugar cookie man and he was so adorable! I think he looks like Uncle Sam in his red, white  and blue.




I got busy wrapping presents and boy there are alot of them. There are a few others to wrap but my part is done. I told Brian we might need to add another tree in the coming years because our tree doesn't have  room for more gifts. I guess thats NOT a problem really, we are very blessed!

The highlight of the day today was Hudson hitting his eyebrow on the edge of the table when we were having lunch today. I tell you this little boy is accident prone. He has a small gash on his eyebrow which probably could have used a few stitches but since he's a rough and tumble boy it will just be another battle scar.

Tomorrow the whole family is coming over for Mimi's Birthday!! I am keeping it super easy and ordering pizza and making a salad to go with it. Dad is bringing the cake . I figure everyone likes pizza and there won't be a huge mess like with cooking. I will post some pictures soon.

What's on tap for this week . Logan will have a wrestling tournament all day Monday and Macy is babysitting Monday and Tuesday. And for the rest of us we will just be hanging out at home . Hopefully  there will be no making huge messes and making Mom crazy. Brian says after Monday he will be taking a 1/2 day off work each day it will be nice to have him around too.