Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving in pictures

We have so much to be thankful for!


As you can see we had a very nice Thanksgiving. The food was awesome as usual! The kids were out of school all week and what a nice break they had. Brian's Grandmother Jane was down visiting all week so the kids took turns staying over to see her. Logan had wrestling camp 2 full days and while he learned alot he was worn slap out each day.

Having the older ones home was helpful for me with the little boys and it allowed Brian to focus more on work during the most critical week of the year. My recovery is going awesome. I feel really well and am able to pretty much be back to somewhat a normal life. While I am limited on heavy lift, pushing and pulling I can do the things I need to do pretty easily. The girls and I made a pecan pie , pumpkin cream pie and a German chocolate cake to take over on Thanksgiving.

The doctor cleared me last Wednesday to get back to walking as exercise. So on Thursday morning I was happy to go out with my ipod and walk the neighborhood. I took it slow and stayed away from the steep hills. Exercising has become apart of my life now and the 2 weeks without it was really bringing me down. It's not just good for my body but for my mental health as well.

I did not go out to the stores on Black Friday but instead shopped online. Brian and I sat in our jammies with our laptops and shopped the deals posted on Dealnews.com (the company Brian has worked for 12 years now). We put a large dent in our Christmas shopping all from the comfort of home. Not only were the prices great the free shipping made it super sweet.  The website handled the large amount of traffic well and the coverage of the deals was top notch. I feel very proud that we have been apart of the company from the ground up.
Of course on Friday we also watched the Iron Bowl (Alabama vs Auburn) and it was a painful game to endure. Congrats goes to all our Auburn family and friends on the win. What a game!

Over the weekend we started decorating for Christmas. The tree is up, the front door decorated but I plan to finish up tomorrow when I have less people underfoot. With everyone home we stayed busy just keeping on top of dishes and laundry. Brian did get the carpet upstairs cleaned and they look so much better. 

I am happy tomorrow life will go back to normal and we can move forward with Christmas. I love this time of year! But I have noticed since the weightloss and surgery I have never been so cold in all my life. I see flannel in my near future!