Pages

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

A snipit of life

Living life in fast forward pretty much wraps up how things are around here. I do love my large family and I am blessed with the life long dream of having a bunch of kids.

We have the teenagers, Logan and Macy. Both smart kids both into sports and school clubs like Freshman Class President and Middle school Historian and Photographer. There are lots of invites for birthday parties and going places with friends. I try to get their attention long enough every few days to discuss school work, test scores , homework,upcoming projects and basically touch base on how things at school is going.Remembering who as practice or games , when and what time can be a full time job. There are times I am in the car most the afternoon. Both kids have chores which seems unheard of in this day and age. They still manage to have plenty of time for facebook ,texting and video games. Sometimes it dawns on me how big they are now and how quickly the years are passing.

Then we have the Middles, Molly and Parker. They are at the age where they need alot of help with school work still. There are papers to be signed and homework to go over. The school still wants the parents to come help with events and encourages interaction with the teachers. Both kids are good students but sometimes struggle with mastering new skills. In the afternoon playing outside is still important along with an after school snack. They both enjoy spending time with friends and watching their favorite tv shows. Parker is in the doesn't think he should have to bathe EVERY SINGLE DAY!! stage and Molly likes to takes a 45 minute shower. They have chores but have to be reminded constantly. I remember these days from when Logan and Macy were in this stage.


And lastly the Littles, Collin and Hudson. I refer to them as my little bosses. They are both home with me this year. They get along pretty well and do well entertaining each other. Collin helps alot with Hudson during the day. Both boys like the same tv shows, they like playing with trucks and cars. Both boys make sure there are no meals skipped around here. Breakfast must be eaten within 15 minutes of waking up no matter the time.They can't read a clock they have a knack for knowing when the clock strikes 12 it's lunch time! The Littles are usually in the car for the pick up of the bigger kids from practice, sometimes it takes some bribery with M&M's to get them to go willingly. They look forward to the big school bus pulling up in front of the house to bring home new people to play with by afternoon they are tired of each other . These simple days are numbered and pass quickly. Next year Collin will head off to school and life as we know it will change once again.

Somedays are so busy they are a blur. The noise level and chaos could push some people to run from the house screaming. This is our crazy life right now and I know in just one year from now things will be so different. I try to take a moment to soak it in. I love my kids, I love how they are all unique and special. When I dreamed for a large family so many years ago I didn't have clue what all that would involve. In my mind I just saw some Kodak moment of a pretty family picture with a Mom and Dad surrounded by kids of all ages, smiling happily at the camera.  Boy was I wrong but I wouldn't change it for the world!