Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

1 week down


A week has passed since I had my partial hysterectomy and abdominoplasty  surgery done. These pictures are from yesterday when I was heading to the Doctor. It felt nice to be able to put clothes ,jewelry and makeup on but boy was just getting ready exhausting!

I honestly can't tell you what the pain from the hysterectomy feels like because the tummy tuck pain has been intense! But I am so very thankful to be able to have it done. After the 6 c section and losing 120 pounds I had a serious problem with my abdominal skin. The before and after pictures are amazing already.

I am forced to take the sideline of life for the next 6-8 weeks. It's not my nature to just sit around. I am usually doing 2 things at once. I do certain chores every single day sometimes several times a day. Things that keep the family running smooth that no one usually notices. Sweeping, dishes, washing counters, picking up after people, gathering and washing laundry and cooking. All these things are in my usually daily task. So it is hard to turn off the desire to do those thing but when you need help just making your way to the bathroom so its impossible to do chores right now.

Today I was able to get a real shower. It was exhausting and I needed help but it felt nice. I now understand the need for soap on a rope because I kept dropping it and Brian had to get it for me each time. This is a slow process but I am doing really well. My scar looks great an is healing well. I am resting alot and taking my medicine. The kids are home all next week and I look forward to the company.
I love this picture! Molly caught Hudson mid laugh in this photo. It's so him. I laugh each time I look at it.