Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day

I do love Valentines Day and I believe it is not just for romantic love but a celebration of all love.For me it's celebrating love for the people in your life who make your heart feel whole.

For those of you who know me well getting up to make my family breakfast isn't really my bag. I would have made a horrible pioneer woman for sure. Without the invention of cold cereal,pop tarts and instant grits and oatmeal my kids might starve. But for Valentines and for the sake of eating adorable heart shaped blueberry pancakes I was up making breakfast.

I didn't get too fancy with decorations just a cute helium balloon (for $1 each from Dollar Store) tied to their chair. The kids each got a small gift from us (older 4 got some clothes and the 2 littles got Uglydoll monsters, I think they are so cute!) that along with some cookies and chocolate suckers made by a friend. Mimi and Popi came over for a visit and we watched some Olympics and talked. They gave everyone a box of assorted chocolates each which they devoured in no time and a balloon.

Brian really surprised me with the black boots I had been admiring way back at Christmas time.They are really cute and make my size 9 feet appear small so double bonus. I got Brian a cookbook I knew he had been wanting for awhile. So maybe that gift will benefit me way more than the boots will benefit him! But he really did want it and has already picked out some things to make! Woohoo!

Today we are all home for President's Day . I think we will take it easy and do a few chores around the house. Hope that everyone had a nice weekend. I was thrilled to not have more snow as they had predicted , a few days and I am over the snow but the kids did enjoy it. I am ready for spring! Collin playing in Fridays snow.