Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

This week in Crazytown


Today ended up being a snow day after working hard to finish up class Valentine's cards and Parker's President project. The work for this project started awhile back but getting a 3rd grader to write a one page report is like pulling teeth. There were several attempts that were thrown in the trash, finally after a speech and guidance from his Dad he made some progress. If they discussed at school how to write a report Parker could not recall it so we had to talk him through making an outline of the information and in what order it should be written. We also had to make a list of facts and display some pictures. Parker did a good job for his first real project and I know he learned alot. I think the finished project turned out nice.


(click to see our slide show from the USS Alabama trip from April 2006)


Yesterday we traveled to Georgia to attend the funeral service for my best friend Doron's Papa. Papa had served on the USS Alabama battleship back in his military years. Just a few years back our family was able to attend the Battleship Reunion along with the Hines and Soulis families. My oldest four kids have many fond memories of that trip. The military funeral service yesterday was just beautiful and the show of respect and honor so touching. The funeral processional passed by as cars stopped along side the road and construction workers stopped their task and removed their hats. Just one of the great things about the South. I know yesterday Papa was smiling down and he was so proud of his family.

Also this week Logan and Macy landed roles in the spring drama production of Peter Pan. Macy was thrilled to be picked as Wendy and Logan as Mr. Smee. Logan wasn't so happy but I do think this is a great role for him. To be able to act silly and make people laugh he is the man for the part. I can't wait till its showtime to see it all come together! I am proud of both my actors. I can't imagine where they get their dramatic flare. Haha!

The snow is still coming down and I have a house full of stir crazy people begging to get out and play in the white stuff. It doesn't snow enough for them to remember how cold and wet you get and they will want to come back in just as soon as they get out there. I bribed them with lunch first before they start making me lots of laundry to do.