Pages

Monday, February 01, 2010

Fruits of Life

I arranged and placed this tray of fruit on the counter on Saturday. Brian and I had made a trip to Aldi and I had all this fruit that I needed to do something with and this is how it ended up.

As I placed the tray on the counter I told the kids the rules. The fruit is NOT a ball or toy. If you mess with it you eat it. We have past experiences where apples become something you can play pitch with. Of course all parties claimed it wasn't them and they didn't know they couldn't do that.

Last night when Parker who had spent the night away on Saturday night asked , Umm what's the deal with the fruit? Is Mom going to paint it or something? I laughed.

I do love seeing this on the counter , it makes fruit look more appealing and hopefully to the kids it looks less like a ball. The pineapple will be cut and eaten tonight but for 99 cents I think I will replace it soon.