Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

From the desk of Mom

Dear Moon Children,

You all are my pride and joy. From the moment I held each of your tiny little bodies, I knew I was in love with you. I would jump in front of a moving vehicle or an angry bear to protect you without a second thought. I was very aware that I would more than likely spend between 38-40 weeks feeling sick and swelling like a tomato but I knew you were missing from our family and it would be worth it in the end. I said all of this to let you know I would do anything for you but it would be so kind if you would remember several request for me.

*If you are older than 4 years old I refuse to do the smell test to see if your clothes are clean.  I have been sick to my stomach long enough while you were growing inside me. I don't want to relive that feeling for the sake of making sure a shirt thrown across your bedroom might be clean. We have 3 laundry hampers at your disposal. If you need a map just let me know.

*If you eat off of it, drink out of it, or make something with it, it's your mess. It would be very helpful to return the dishes to the sink at the least or dishwasher if you really want brownie points.

*The night before is the best time to need papers signed, forms completed or checks written. Asking minutes before the bus arrives is never good and the countless times we have rushed to fill out things and you leave them on the counter is frustrating. I am certain your teachers would appreciate not having to read my half asleep handwriting.

*While I do not mind you being involved in sports, cheer, drama club and other after school activities. It would be kind to occasionally thank your taxi driver for the ride. Sometimes you might have to wait on me but you've never been forgotten about.

*To the 2 smallest Moon's kids, I would like to able to take a bath, shower, or potty break without you needing me RIGHT then. Just because you can't see my face doesn't mean I can't answer your question through the door. The door is locked on purpose and you don't need to turn it 100 times to try to open it. Unless there is blood or flames I am sure the urgent issue can wait a few moments.

I will stop the list there because I understand too many directions at once get you all confused. I love you all and think we make a pretty good team even with these minor issues.

Love Always,
Mom