Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Thoughts

This week has been a step in the right direction. I finally seem to have my head on straight ,with new goals mapped out I am looking forward to new things and reaching new milestones.

I have found myself missing being in group  situation to workout. My Wednesday night spin class does help with that some. Since the Biggest Loser's newest season just started up it makes me miss that kind of workout intensity pretty bad. I think I will look for more classes to include in my weekly workouts.

The biggest light bulb moment I had this week was realizing I have been eating with entitlement. For instance training for the triathlon all summer lead to me eating without as much caution. I didn't focus as much on my portions and calories because I was working hard at the pool,on the bike and running. I figured I was entitled to brownies and cookies more often than I normally would. With all my training I didn't really lose any weight, I did change shape in some area. I have lost a couple inches on some places but as far as the scale number it has been within the same 5 pounds all summer long. I have read alot that being able to maintain for awhile after losing a decent amount of weight is good for your body.  So maybe my body just needed that break too but Break time is OVER!

With the holidays fast approaching I must get this ball rolling now.I want that ball rolling downhill and see some payoff by time my birthday rolls around in January.  I am being more aware of what goes in my mouth. I am cracking down on night time eating again (Man, I  keep falling into that bad habit). Pushing water and pushing away bread (Again!). Loading up on veggies and trying hard to eat a protein filled breakfast everyday.

Also after doing some reading I am going to start limiting my running to 3-4 day max each week. The other days I will do spin class or work with weights and bootcamp exercises. I will do some running sprints on the track or running for a 10 minute warm up but running long distances will be saved for those running days each week.Oh I will continue doing the stair master too. My favorite new exercise.


I am trying to focus on other things other than the awful saggy skin that hangs and rubs on my arms. It is the biggest disappointment of my journey . When I run long distances it literally creates raw places so I run with my arms in such a way it makes my shoulders and back ache. I hate the skin, people notice it , clothes fit weird, and it is the one thing I seem to focus on in the mirror.  It's hard for me to see the forest for the trees . I know I have some muscle in my arms but I don't notice it due to the flag waving on the underside of each arm, with my right side hanging even more than the left just to add insult to injury. But because I lost my weight with good ol' fashion diet and exercise insurance will pay nothing to correct this saggy baggy skin issue. Only thing to do right now is distract myself from thinking about it , experiment with tuck tape and find a winning lottery ticket. I am joking, I think.

To wrap up on a good note Brian got a bicycle. It is a pretty nice road bike and he is going to be riding with me. This is also a exercise he can do that doesn't hurt his knee that he had operated in the Spring. We went on an almost 3 mile ride last night and had a really nice ride. It is good for me to be able to ask him which gear I should be in if I am in doubt. I already learn some things and look forward to more rides in the future. Maybe we could even do a bike race together , I bet he would beat me!