Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Lesson to Learn

This week a has been a bit of an off week for me. With the high of the triathlon behind me , with no training schedule popping up on my phone everyday I felt very out of sorts. I did go to the gym a few times. I went and introduced myself to the stair climber machine at the gym. I enjoyed it so much that I stuck it out a whole 30 minutes. Here is my stats after my first meeting with this machine 1891 steps with 126 flights of stairs.Woohoo!

I went to my usually Wednesday night spin class. The core group was there along with some new people. Really enjoy this class and look forward to it each week. But this week I didn't do any running at all. And  felt pretty guilty about it.

Toward the middle of the week our child who rarely gets in trouble became grounded for a few days. The next day she spent a good bit of time deep cleaning the kitchen. I had been gone and came home and didn't really notice her hard work. It wasn't till she mentioned it that it dawned on me it did look alot better. Now if I had come home to it a mess I would have noticed right away and not been happy at all. I did thank her and apologize for not noticing because that happens to me all the time. I know how disheartening it can be.

This applies to more than just the kitchen. This applies to my "off" week too. I didn't really give myself credit for what I did right this week. I did just do a triathlon on Sunday, I kicked tail on the stair master and spin class. I made good food choices and drank plenty of water. I only focused on what I didn't do. I need to remember to not only see the bad but praise the good in many situations.


So with the triathlon behind me I need to find me something else to work on. I spent some time  looking online and decided I wanted to do an 8k race. Right now I am thinking  my next event will be the Run Away from Domestic Violence 8k on October 22. Great cause and great motivation to work on my running. This might seem like a step down from a triathlon but it is something I haven't done yet and it will help me build up for the bigger events I am planning for 2012.

In other family news. The 5 school kids had great A-B progress reports. Yippee! Molly was honored to be asked to be a school ambassador at the National SGA conference coming up in October . We are pleased with how well she has stepped up to becoming a leader in middle school and doing so well on her school work. Logan is ROCKING Spanish and really loves it. Parker's teachers raved on his great behavior and manners. Macy has several play auditions coming up this fall, one of which is private invitation audition. Collin loves school and is soaking it up like a sponge. Hudson is going to school 2 days a week and loves being with his cousin Blaze and Phoenix. We are starting to settle into the new routine and looking forward to the months ahead.

I have been using some of my free time making wreaths. Here are the 2 I made this week. I have alot of ideas and supplies for more Halloween, Fall/Harvest and Christmas wreaths.