Pages

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Same Place New Look

I bet you are wondering what happen to the wild and crazy look of the blog. It was time for a big change and I was wanting to get away from using the trendy free backgrounds. A few months back I asked Brian what sort of layout he could make for me. He moaned and he groaned about how he is NOT a designer and basically put me off hoping I would give up on the idea. I think he had a memory lapse thinking I would ever give up.  Yesterday Macy pointed out how old the pictures in my blog banner were and I recruited her on the task of getting Brian to get moving on my new look. So today he created me this and I like it , it still needs a few extra touches but I am  getting used to it and will add some things as I go.

Our weekend was rather low key even sorta boring. I decided to take the whole weekend off from the gym . I needed a break I was feeling alittle burnt out . We had 2 more kids come down with the virus so we are still waiting to see who may be next. I am gearing up for my next 2 weeks devoted to my triathlon and I am very excited!! I already have my next event on my radar too. :)


We watched Alabama play some football on Saturday. It was just us at home but we had a great football feast. We had make your own subs . I offered ham,turkey,salami,meatball, chicken salad with a variety of cheeses. We had 2 different chips and dips, veggie tray,chili cheese fries, party nuts, and banana pudding. Everyone really enjoyed it. The boys watched about 12 hours of football on Saturday and I taught myself a new craft. In my boredom I started looking on the internet how to make these decorative yo-yo flowers and within the day I had created this embellished top for myself. I have lots of ideas of other things to do with them too.

Sunday we did some errands and visited with my Dad for his upcoming birthday. Monday was Labor Day and was pouring rain all day long thanks to the tropical storm. I did some cleaning and laundry most of the day. We worked on cleaning out a closet and piddle here at the house. With everyone being home there seemed to be one mess after another all day. But it was a good day to stay in with the weather being so nasty.

Both pics found on Pinterest both so true!

I am hoping the sickies are over and life can go back to normal. I am excited to get in some workout time tomorrow. I am going to be more mindful of my eating I feel like last week I slipped up a little too much for my liking.I didn't eat regularly then ended up very hungry and overeating at meal time. I needed to refocused and I am ready to tackle this coming week.
Hair Update: I am still not liking it one single bit. In this picture I have it in a tiny ponytail covered with a big flower. Yay it is growing ever so slowly but Boo that this color is just NOT me.