Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Update on Lil' Squash



Last night wasn't as restful of a night. Poor Hudson was not as comfortable because he wasn't swaddled like he likes because of him Bili bed. I was up multiple times to tuck his arms back under the blanket and pat him till he relaxed. It dawned on my during this time we needed a bean bag like they use in the NICU to place on the baby which makes them think someone is touching them. I called my Mom this morning to make us up one which she did and so far he likes it and it is working perfectly.

The home health nurse came out today to do the bilirubin count again. The Dr. called a few hours later and told me it is now at 17.8 (sigh). I was really hoping it would be going down already because he is a Pooping/Peeing machine. I am not happy at all that I have to go to the OB's office tomorrow and can't take him to show off to all the staff there. That is part of the fun of going to get my staples out.

I really want to take more pictures of him but right now we are being very diligent about only having him out of the light to be changed and fed which leaves no time for a photo shoot. Hopefully we will see a drop in levels tomorrow.