Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Life at home






Life at the Moon house is going well. Hudson fits in perfectly and is so laid back.He has been sleeping 4-5 hour stretches at night which is really good. After he wakes to nurse and get a diaper change he settles right back down on his own and drifts off to sleep. I feel so lucky to have it so easy thus far!

Collin is adjusting well. He is very clingy to me right now and lays down with me to fall asleep at night but he is constantly saying "Where's Hudson?" or "I love Hudson, Mommy". He shows no jealousy against the baby but just needs extra Mommy time, which is normal and I can handle that.

Hudson went to the Dr. this morning to recheck his bilirubin count and we found out his level is at 17.5 and he needs the home light therapy.We have a home health nurse coming out to check on him each day for the next few days.He is in his BiliBed in the pictures above. Hopefully this will do the trick and his number will go down because if not it could mean a hospital stay, I really want to avoid that. Right now I call him my Lil' Squash because of his yellow skin color. His weight is right at 7 pounds but that should be increasing each day. He is feeding well and making enough diapers so the Dr. isn't concerned.

The rest of the kids are doing well. Parker turned 7 on Saturday and we took him to Red Robin for lunch on the way home from the hospital. Macy's birthday is today and Doron and Steven took the kids to the Water park for the day (Thank you both, big hugs). Brian and the kids will go out for dinner to celebrate her 11th b'day but Hudson and I will stay home so he can be under the lights as much as possible.