Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Friends till the End


The picture above is my best friend, Doron with Collin watching the fireworks earlier this month. She would most likely kill me if I posted any of the other pictures I have of her so I figured this one will do. We are similar in that aspect that we don't really like our pictures taken and we can find about 100 things wrong with the picture if we are in it.

I met Doron way back in 9th grade. We were friends through High School but lost touch not long after graduation. She did attend my wedding but stupid me didn't have her in my wedding and we still joke about this today. After my wedding I was off playing house and having babies (Logan and Macy) while she was going to college and doing the single thing for awhile, we didn't keep in contact for a few years. She got married when Macy was about 1 year old and I didn't know about her wedding till after the fact. And of course I have never let her forget that.

But in early October 1999 I was very pregnant with Molly I happen to run into her at the mall. Her son Nathan was just a few weeks old but still in the hospital NICU for breathing problems, that day we exchanged phone numbers and promised to stay in touch and we have ever since.

We have been through alot together. When Molly was 6 months old we moved to Huntsville for 2 years. Doron and I would talk on the phone for hours daily and there was no free long distance back then ($$$). They would come visit us in Huntsville or we would come down to see them a few times a month.

Our families have taken many vacations together and have celebrated everybody's birthday through the years. We have survived the pumpkin patch on a fall day, the water park in the blazing sun, more Pee Wee baseball and football games than I care to count, oh and lets not forget dance recitals too (groan). We have sat with each other during ER visits, the birth of my last 3 kids, during children having surgery, and recently she was the one to take me to the hospital while I was in labor.

There are so many stories to tell and inside jokes no one else will understand. We are the modern day Lucy and Ethel. She is Godmother to all my kids she may have only birth 1 child but she is a mother figure to 7! My kids love her and her whole family like they do their own and same with us and her son Nathan. The kids have been on trips, fun days, family get togethers they have spent the night with her family more times than I could possibly count. She has kept kids on a moments notice during crisis situations like my Mom's accident and surprise Labor and Delivery stay I had the night before Hudson was born .

We have grown up together. We have developed as wives, mothers and most of all as adults together. We love each other enough to be honest about bad hair dos and ugly clothes. We are constantly confused as sisters and I consider that a compliment .

I am sure in the years to come we will help each other through the kids teenage years and dealing with aging parents and somehow find humor in it all. I look forward to many more years with my best friend.