Pages

Sunday, September 20, 2009

R.I.P. Patty 1999-2009


With an extremely heavy heart I wanted to tell everyone our almost 11 year old Dachshund passed away during the night Friday. Logan and Macy were under 3 years old when we got her so she's been their dog as long as they can remember. And we added Patty to the family just a few weeks before finding out Molly was on the way. Molly loved Patty so much and considered it "her" dog.

But on Friday night Patty was breathing funny, and thinking about it in hindsight she had been acting funny all week. I just figured it was the rain, she never did like rain storms. She was doing alot of pacing and hiding through out the week. At 6 am Saturday Macy found her under her bed and she had passed on. So sad.


Patty's bed is still in the corner of the living room and her food bowl in the kitchen. Something that has been a way of life for us for so long it seems wrong to move it. Hudson is even broken from playing in her food or water and now she is gone.

Patty was loved , she was a member of our family, a sibling to our kids, and a grand-dog for the in laws. She will be missed greatly and I find myself wondering if she has water or needs to be let inside. I will miss her once annoying tap dancing under my bed I wish I could hear it again. Patty Cake had many nicknames which included Patio, PC, Pattysmack. We have alot of fond memories of her and who knows maybe all dogs do go to heaven.

Rest In Peace Patty we will miss you. I am sure that there will be alot more sweeping needed without Patty here to clean up a fallen and forgotten chip or cookie crumb we seem to have alot of those.