Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

Real funny


Obviously there is a game being played at my house. This game involves putting completely empty boxes,bags,bottles of food back into the pantry or fridge. That way Mom can go look for something and end up throwing away dummy boxes of cereal, crackers, snack cakes,granola bars and so on. It reminds me of putting the empty foil wrapped gum in the gum packet and offering it to everyone.Oh, that seemed so funny when I was a kid but I think the joke is lost on me now that I am the only always being fooled. Does it make sense to anyone else why to put back an empty milk jug or bottle of apple juice? Wonder if this happens to anyone else with several kids cause no one seems to talk about this issue.

Maybe I should save some boxes and try to fool them.Imagine this.

Me:
Oh guys would ya'll like some cereal??
As I pass out bowls and spoons, sitting the boxes on the counter .
Open the fridge and get out the empty milk place it on the counter along side the empty apple juice in case they'd like a drink .Walk out of the kitchen waiting for them to dive for each box of cereal that would be completely EMPTY. And hear the cries and wailing that will follow that there is none to be had.

Maybe they'd get the point of throwing things away, the trash can is just 8 feet from the pantry.

This might just work! I love a good plan,I just has to pull it off before they read here.
This is just a annoyance , and if this is all I have to complain about life is going pretty well I reckon. No major problems right now this is just one of those things I will have to remind them about as adults that they did to drive me batty. People tell me I will miss these things one day, I don't fully understand that one yet.