Pages

Friday, September 11, 2009

Bucket List

To celebrate my Dad's birthday my parents headed out on a trip to Mt. Rushmore . We all tease my Dad about his long Bucket list of places he wants to visit and various adventures he hopes to be involved in. Today we received a email but it is better described as virtual postcard from the travelers.

Reading the email felt like I was 9 years old and watching an old Fragel Rock episode when the traveling Uncle would send the little Fragels a postcard from his current destination and go into details about what he had been doing. Anyways, I am sure my kids are about to google Fragel Rock to try to understand what I am referring too.

The pictures are great! But Oh my, that Hot Air balloon, its stuffed like a over crowded elevator and by the looks of things the man running it has to be an ex carny!

I am beginning to wonder if they checked this out really well before just jumping into a big wicker basket with STRANGERS to float 1500 feet off the ground IN A BALLOON! I also need to question Mom if there was a coupon involved in this adventure. Maybe that is why its not the nice ROOMY couples balloon ride that as I would have imagined. I do believe she said there was a Champagne toast too!?! I am telling you that Balloon operator looks more like the Bud light in a Styrofoam cooler kind of guy to me!

And to think they think they need to worry about me and here they go floating high in the air thousands of miles from home! Whew!

Over all from my virtual postcard it appears to be a great trip and I am happy they are out living life together. Alot of people my age can't say that about their parents and I know that is a true blessing. Everyone makes sure to question Kay on the balloon experience, cause I can sense a story behind it.

Who knows what the travelers might try next! Let hope it's not matching tattoos.:)