Pages

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Happy Birthday Maw!

Here is my Mother in law with 4 of her 7 grandchildren. We referred to her as Grandmaw until Logan was around 1 year old and he starting calling her Maw and that was her name forever more. She is the type of grandmother who keeps a stash of goodies (candy and sweet treats) just for the grandkids. She is the one who always made Logan "pink milk" in his sippy cup which is milk and strawberry Quick. She buys kid cereal just because the grandkids like it. And gets kiddie magazines sent to her house just for them.She has read all of them the same baby board books and they all love them dearly. That is just a few special grandmother-y type things she does. She loves them all just as they are and supports their interest. And all the grandkids love her so much too.

As for being a Mother in law I really lucked out. I can't relate to the horrible mother in law stories. We get along great. We have very similar taste. She has never bought me any strange thoughtless gifts but rather its always stuff I really love. She has always made me feel apart of the family. She has respected my parenting and never under minded me. I am so fortunate and I know I have the type of mother in law all my friends wish they had.

So I want to wish her a very happy birthday and thank her for being who she is. We love you so much and we can't wait for you both to live closer to us. You have opened your heart,home and love up to me and I feel so greatful for it! I hope you had a happy birthday and have many many more.