Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Training

Today I nailed down the details for my upcoming Triathlon. I have been battling with the nagging stress of not having all my ducks in a row. Mainly the fact I didn't have a  road bike or that I had zero road bike practice. I had not registered for the race I have had planned on doing . But the ball is rolling , my bike is on it's way via UPS. Perfect time for me to totally commit to my race that was just 20 days away. Well after logging in and looking around at the registration  I discovered the race is FULL and that race would not be an option. Sheer disappointment is what I felt at first but then  quickly Brian and I started looking for a similar race. I had to look outside the state and luckily found a similar one near Chattanooga, TN. It's September 18th which is good giving me more training time and time for cooler temps. But the swim is in a man made skiing lake and I had hoped for a pool. I am a firm believer in  things happen for a reason and I am meant to do this race for a reason. I will have to do some fund raising and if you feel like helping me out and supporting awesome cause Komen Tri for a Cure I will be very grateful. The donation link is below and remember all donations really do add up!

https://www.edgereg.com/donation/view/755

After all this I decided I really needed to get out to get a run in today. The little boys begged to go with me and I figured why not. I tried to talk Collin out of it explaining he would have to walk/run the entire thing because I would be pushing the jogger with Hudson in it and I needed to go the 4 miles today. He said okay and off we went. I have to break in my new running shoes. This is my 3rd pair of Nike Air Max so needless to say I love this style shoe. They were pretty stiff today but should be just right by the big race day.


Collin and I did some sprints and fast walking on first part , we walked the big hill loop twice, and then back home again. Collin shocked me by keeping up the whole time! With me pushing the stroller it adds another element to my workout which is good for a changed plus made it easier for him to keep up with me. Collin talked the WHOLE 4 miles . As we passed house after house he analyzed everyone's basketball goals and which ones were like ours and which ones were broken or new . He talked about the litter along side the road, wondered aloud why people would throw this or that out the window. He asked if certain down trees were damaged during the recent tornado and he was convinced that is what happened no matter what I said. Collin pointed out clouds of strange shapes and recalled the time last Fall when we strolled up on a deer on a certain part of our path home.

It was a pretty good workout as you can see from the sweat below. I took a picture after we got back of the boys and Collin wanted to take mine too. I guess fair is fair even tho I didn't really want my picture taken.

Seeing the my usual running path through the eyes of a 5 year old was refreshing. Having him talking the entire time was nice distraction from my task at hand. Having him come to the conclusion on his own about his heart rate being elevated, about how his face sweating and  how this exercise was good for his body. He noticed that his legs and feet were growing tired toward the home stretch so he should do it more often. He can't wait to go again and I actually wouldn't mind the company.