Pages

Friday, July 08, 2011

Only in the summer time

Only in the summer time can you have a impromptu sleepover mid week. That was exactly what we did this week. My 2 nieces Hailey 10 and Sadie 5 came to spend the night while my brother had to have surgery to repair his shoulder(Ouch!).

The first night went down without a hitch so next day we ventured out to see the movie Monte Carlo and asked our friend Erin to go along  . They were all great at the movie each enjoying their popcorn kids meals. Hudson was perfect for almost the whole time but  right toward the end he got squirmy and got up and down in my lap a few time before he fell asleep.


After the movie it was sunny and hot out so we headed back to the house to get on our swimsuits and go for a swim over at Tara's. We were limited on time but they enjoyed the sliding,jumping and cooling off.

We got home and I made dinner and we started planning our night. The girls asked if Erin could sleepover too around this time Brian called to tell me he unexpectedly needed to stay overnight in Huntsville so I figured why not. Luckily for me Hudson was going to Mimi's and Parker and Logan were with Das overnight and Macy still away at the beach. They would not have enjoyed the talent show or the movie we watched at all. We started the night eating brownies and watching TLC's Toddlers and Tiaras where we cheered on our favorite pageant divas and laughed at the crazy Mommas. Next up was the girls talent show they put on for me and finally it was time to settle for bed. We turned Macy's room into sleepover head quarters and decide to watch the movie Racing Stripes . I was dozing off toward the end I bid the girls a goodnight and off Collin I went upstairs to sleep.

The next day everyone was happy and still getting along. With clean up done and breakfast in their bellies off we went to go swimming some more. I packed along their lunch (hot dogs, baked chips and sprite) and we stayed over most the afternoon. By 3 everyone was getting tired and we called it a day. It was a lot of fun and I hope to do it again before summer ends.