Pages

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Our 4th

Our July 4th wasn't really documented in pictures this year. I have less than a handful of photos of the whole day. We did have a TON of yummy food with friends. We had a variety of grilled and smoked meats that you could eat till you were stuffed and still have leftovers.

 My love of side dishes was thrilled with the slaw,potato salad,baked beans,deviled eggs, mac n cheese. Then on to the 3 different dessert cupcakes that the girls made themselves, homemade ice cream both strawberry and chocolate, and a yummy fruit trifle a July 4th tradition of Tara's. I gave myself a day off calorie wise and enjoyed the food but in small amounts not to make myself sick. But still it was a big splurge day.



The company of good friends, good food and laughter took our minds off the rain that ruined the pool party we had planned. As darkness fell we finished up with meeting up with family and friends to watch our towns firework display. It did not disappoint again this year. I was again impressed.

I did own up to my sins and weigh in this morning. I am committing to the straight and narrow from now till the beach trip in 12 days. I had an eye opening moment today reading a weight loss blog. There have been some issues in parenting that we had creep up this summer.   I have found myself having treats a little more sometimes even mindless eating at night before bedtime. Old ways of handling stress slowly started back and I am putting my foot down right now!
Eating will not change any of the issues so I am working toward nipping that in the bud right away. I have reached out to Brian to help me with this too. He loves me enough to give in to my cravings for buying sweets and I am asking him to help me stay away. I am sure he is worried about possibly losing life and limb over refusing to let me have something but I know he will help me through. :)