Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

What a day!

The day has finally come. The day I worked hard for, dreamed of and sometimes wondered if it was even possible. This morning I got on the scale as I do every few days and today was the day! The day I would reach my 100 pound weightloss. I must have reweighed a handful of times before it started to sink in.

I pondered for a minute how to feel and what to do today to acknowledge this milestone. While it may seem like bragging to others I decided to share the news of my milestone. I have worked hard , the blood ,sweat and tears got me here. There was no luck involved , just back to the basics of healthy balanced food and exercise. No secret magic solution. So I share with you that I have reached a milestone in my journey but I am not done yet.

I changed my lifestyle forever and I am still looking ahead to reaching my goal in time. There isn't a deadline of when this will happen. I am just continuing on as I have been doing and I know I will get there in time. I've got a ways to go. I have the skin that hangs on my arms and stomach but I have worked hard and I am proud.

If I can do this anyone can if they want to bad enough. To quote a favorite song of mine and one that inspires me.
''If you want to be somebody else,
If you're tired of fighting battles with yourself
If you want to be somebody else
Change your mind... ''  Lyrics to Change your Mind by Sister Hazel






The bad part of the day was Collin woke up during the night sick. The poor boy was in serious pain with his ears. We headed to the ENT where he had to get a shot and some ear drops and antibiotics. He was just miserable and the whole staff at the doctor took pity on him. The nurse trying to distract him asked him if he had a puppy dog. Poor Collin told her No she died and he cried some more. I tried my best to cheer him up and the 5 suckers they gave him when we went to pay didn't even help. He seems some better tonight and hopefully on the road to recovery. Those darn ears of his !