Pages

Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Irish Twins

Logan was just 15 months old when Macy came screaming into this world. He loved her from the beginning and never really seemed bothered by the fact she had dethroned him.
As toddlers they got along well and were good playmates.
In grade school they were more at odds with each other because of their age and different interest.
But now they are close again.
They are asked often if they are twins, and they respond Yes, Irish twins.
It is sort of neat having children in pairs. I call them the Bigs (Logan and Macy), Middles (Molly and Parker) and Littles(Collin and Hudson). The middles are in the at odds stage but I have hopes that they too will grow to have a similar bond like Logan and Macy.
They are so very different , which their teachers always comment on just how different they are each year. But they really compliment each other well and make a good team. I am so very proud of both of them for being themselves. They are good students, athletic and both have good hearts. I always try to give them credit when I am asked how I handle six kids. They are a tremendous help and I hope they know I really appreciate the roles they play with the younger kids. Both will be headed off to college when the Littles (Collin and Hudson) are still in elementary school. Just thinking of that makes me tear up. I invision Hudson wanting to call Bubba and Sissy to tell them all about 1st grade. Sigh. Thankfully I have several more years to get used to the idea.
Logan and Macy you are such amazing people and I know the future is so bright for both of you. I am so proud to call you mine.