Pages

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Runaway Cart


Yesterday the little boys (Collin and Hudson) and I took Mimi out to run her errands. Collin had been up since 6 am so by the afternoon he was a real grump. He saw a playhouse in Sam's Club and decided he wanted it. He whined and complained about wanting me to buy him "the little house with the doorbell".

When reasoning didn't work and Mimi was in the checkout line I figured it was best we head out to the car. So I parked the cart next to my car so I could put Huddy's carseat in the car. Collin was still carrying on about the playhouse. As I opened the car door to place the baby in I heard Collin say, "Momma Momma" frantically. I turned around just as the cart rolled passed our car heading downhill and picking up speed. I screamed and started running chasing it. I had the carseat containing the baby on my arm too. I was in a full sprint in order to catch the cart which had already made it about 4 parking spaces before I caught up with it. (Man, I bet that was a funny sight, I bet the security got a laugh outta watching it.)Mimi came out of the store as I was pulling the cart up the hill and could tell that something was going on.

I told Collin he can be glad I have been running on the treadmill for the last few months I guess it was all in preperation for the runaway shopping cart race! Consider it a lesson learned for me. Whew, scared me!