Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

On my soap box

I hear a lot of women say they just can't lose weight and how they wish they could. Usually I try to encourage them with if the statement .If I can do it, anyone can and I really do believe that. Women seem to want a quick fix , a magic pill or surgery to just make it happen for them. Then if it fails they have something else to blame it on.

The show Biggest Loser has been preaching that majority weight loss surgery patients lose muscle along with fat. If they do gain back the weight they are even more unhealthy because of all the fat and having less muscle mass. Season after season they have people on the show who are weight loss surgery failures so there obviously must be a good number of these people in the US.  I am not saying that there aren't people who take the opportunity to lose a good bit of weight  and begin an exercise program and never look back. But truth be told you don't need surgery to get the same result.

People's excuses drive me crazy. I just want to shake them and say GET REAL! I restrain myself because you can't really do this to people but man it's what I am thinking. If you tell me you can't lose weight it's because you are not trying hard enough. Exercise, healthy food (veggies,fruit,lean meats ) and plenty of water everyday will lead to weight loss. It will not all fall of instantly but it will come off in time.

I do get defensive if people ask or assume I have had weightloss surgery. I am quick to correct them and let them know I worked for every single pound. Self discipline and sweat not surgery. My journey started on Nov. 1 2008 and I am closing in on 3 years. Sometimes it feels like longer but I am so glad I started when I did and there is no going back!

Here are the proof in pictures. Sometimes I forget where I started from. What a reminder!







I am still struggling with 20 pounds I want to lose. I inquired at the gym about the new weightloss group they started and the girl laughed at me. She said I would make the others feel bad if I went. I explained my struggle with the last bit of weight and she looked at me like I was crazy. She said I could teach the class, nice compliment.Most people don't get my desire to lose the next 20 but for me it's just finishing up what I started. It will help my running and future fitness goals.

I have realized that I am craving sugar at night. I am trying to break this bad habit or replace it with fruit, lower calorie options or distracting myself and not giving in. It's good be realistic with yourself why your not getting the results you want. I am trying to tweak my eating again. Reduce the carbs and sugars and be honest and own up to what I do eat. Back to tracking calories to keep me accountable. I really need to work on not going so long without food to, I get busy and forget then I am very hungry at meal time and eat a larger portion. Theses changes will help me to slowly get the ball rolling on the last twenty.

Focusing on diet is critical right now because I am injured. Over the weekend I shut my left foot in the car door and now I have a beautiful black boot to wear. I am hoping to only be limited for a few weeks but to have no cardio could be very bad. I did an upper body and ab workout yesterday and worked up quite the sweat. This won't hold me back for long I will just find ways to over come.

This is my little space in the cyber word. I write about things on my mind. It is CHANGING from being all about kids to be about WHATEVER I want to talk about. The kids are in school full time and things are just humming along. Nothing really to report right now but when there is I will do so don't worry they aren't forgotten about.