Pages

Monday, June 28, 2010

Life is never boring

Let me be honest here. So far this summer has not been one for the record books. Well, unless your keeping records of fussing and fighting. I do try to make the best of the time off of school. I try to have some adventures here and there but there is always someone not happy with the plan.
There are times when things happen that I treasure and I wish I could press a pause button just to savor the moment.

Like seeing two siblings snuggled up on the couch watching tv in peace.
The smallest little brother call out his sisters name the first time he sees them for the day.
Watching as the kids look up at the starry sky and listen to the sounds of the night.
Kids hanging out on the front porch with money in hand waiting for the ice cream truck.

I am working hard to find the good in each day, some day that's easier than others. As the saying goes "This too shall pass". Oh I pray it's soon!