Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Thank You GPS



Collin does things from time to time that just amaze me. Just like the time I discovered by accident that he could recognize his alphabet without someone sitting down and teaching it to him. Back then around age 2 he watched several episodes of Sesame Street a day and I believe he just soaked up the knowledge.

Last year for my birthday Brian got me a GPS for the car.Collin wouldn't let me go anywhere with turning it on, he was so entertained watching the maps. He liked hearing the GPS voice tell me which way to turn and he would pipe up from the backseat "Turn left Mom!".

Yesterday Brian asked me if I knew Collin knew his left and his right. I sure didn't, so I quizzed him asking him to show me his right arm or left ear and so on. He got them ALL correct, much to my surprise. Today on the way to school I had him to tell me which way I was to turn left or right and he did it perfectly, without the GPS even on. I honestly think watching the GPS taught Collin his left and right. How cool is that?