Pages

Thursday, November 05, 2009

New Do


I have been toying with the idea of a major hair change for awhile. A couple of weeks ago we found our box of old photos and look through the pictures really gave me the push I needed for a change. My hair for the majority of my adult life had been the same so I took the plunge to shake things up alittle.

If you remember me posting a good ways back about losing 50 pounds I haven't given up the fight and I am still working toward my 120 loss goal. To date I have lost about 80 pounds so far. I have become so much stronger and overall healthier which is the most important thing to me. It's hard for me to see the change because it's been a slow work in progress but looking at old snapshots was very eye opening. I am hoping to handle the holiday season in moderation. I did just fine with Halloween I allowed myself a few pieces of chocolate and that was good enough for me. I hope I can do as well with the famous Moon family Thanksgiving dressing (YUM!). That stuff is the highlight of the day. It's all trial and error and a learning process. But it does feel great to be able to run, something I could never imagine I would do for several miles . I am not perfect on my eating or an expert in exercise by any means I just finally see the importance of my health. I have just been using sensible eating and simple exercise.

Anyways thanks for the encouragement and compliments it does mean alot. The biggest reward for me will be the health benefits for the years to come.