Pages

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

One hard part of having a herd


What is the hard parts of having that many kids???This is a question I am often asked when people are talking to me about our family size. Here is the honest truth of a family that consist of 2 adults verses 6 kids.

My #1 Frustration.

The laundry factor. We usually generate about 2-3 loads of laundry a day. Luckily we have a large front load washer and dryer that I KNOW I can't live without. I try to have about 2 loads washed and dried a day. In a perfect world these would be folded or hung immediately but in our world that happens about 40% of the time. I prefer to fold several loads at a time while watching tv or waiting for dinner to cook. Because of Macy's hectic schedule she has become responsible for most the laundry help. It works out okay, I figure okay help is better than none at all.When enlisting the help of the kids I have to let go control over some of my tendencies to want things done just perfectly in my eyes, if the towel is folded not exactly straight I have to accept that. So basically there is always laundry to wash or fold and your never are completely caught up for long. Sometimes the feeling of being caught up only last a few hours.

And the sock issues, oh boy! We seem to constantly have a sock pile and I have not found the perfect solution yet. Think about it 8 people x 2 socks a day per person sometimes more than one pair each which adds up to alot darn socks!

But for what its worth the kids always have clean clothes , and I have given up thinking laundry will be something I will ever enjoy but it gets done none the less. I must admit I thought it was totally unfair and I was really jealous Kate Gosslin found someone willing to do all their laundry. I mean that's like winning the laundry in my book!