Pages

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Scaling Mt. Laundry


Just so you feel better about the amount of laundry you have here is an example of what we did today. This was less than 1 weeks worth of clean laundry. I usually try hard not to let it pile up and be such an overwhelming task but it doesn't always happen that way.

We have a system for tackling the mountain of laundry and it works pretty well. First everyone goes to their closets and collects hangers. Then I assign each kid a job. Today Logan folded and stacked all the underthings. Molly's job was towels,washcloths,and dishtowels. Macy hung the shirts and tops. Brian hung all the pants and jeans. I was the person whole went through and made everyones piles along with folded jammies, t-shirts, and play clothes. Parker did a large part of the putting away once it was all folded and on hangers. This took about an hour verses the few hours it could take 1 person.

So now you can be happy about your little bitty laundry pile that you have waiting for you to do. Sometimes I wonder if I'll miss these huge mountains when the kids are grown and gone? No I don't think I will, but if I do I can go visit the kids and wash their clothes for old times sake.