Pages

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A look back


These pictures were taken the first week of March 2003 thats 5 years ago . Molly had decided to give herself a hair cut just a few days before she was to have her pictures taken for Ballet class.

The pictures were taken by Mimi (my Mom) who had come over to my house after I called her in a panic and explained what Molly had done. What you can't see from the photo is how in various sections all over her head Molly cut her hair down to the scalp. Luckily Mimi saved the day and was able to cut Molly's hair into this short style.

Thank God Molly had curly hair and I could scrunch and fluff the curls to cover the bald spots. The hair cut actually turn out sorta cute and it grew out pretty fast. I tried shaming her for doing such a bad thing but it seemed EVERYONE commented on how cute the cut was on her. I would explain how the hair cut came about and Molly would just give them a grin. It was like she was thinking to herself that she had done a pretty good job on her hair do.

Wow, 5 years have flown by! These pictures are a reminder of the saying "Don't sweat the small stuff " . This was a MAJOR event to me back then but today it is a faded memory. I didn't even know it happened in March until Mom sent these pictures in an email the other day and reminded me. I am sure I am due for more of these "What were you thinking????" events , I hope I have learned that time passes quickly and hair grows back. And lastly even if I am mad and distraught at the time I should take a few pictures to remember the occasion because time flies and it too will be a faded memory.