Pages

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Santa Did you Know?

You must enlarge to get the true effect! Click on picture.


Santa did you know...

The amount of thought I put in to what they would wear to see you for all of 10 minutes.

All the ironing, primping,brushing that 5 kids need.

Did you know I spent 15 minutes today searching for Collin's black dress shoes that are still missing , and that is why he is sporting his Converse. And that Collin's pants are not capri's but are regular dress pants that are bunched up under your hands as you hold tight keeping him on your lap long enough for the picture.

That no one shed a tear (this year)until I sat Collin in your lap.

Did you know I was nice enough to make Parker and Molly shorten their Christmas list to the Top 5 items so it wouldn't take too long to read.

I purposely came to see you on a Wednesday night in November when the mall was dead. I remember to well the nightmare of waiting with hungry, tired, bored children in a long line in mid December.

That I bribed them with dinner out if all went well. They didn't know we were eating out regardless.

Did you know Collin was crying like I just handed him over to a pack of wolves and it didn't phase me. We have a large variety of pictures featuring crying children trying to flee your lap and I love those pictures dearly.

Santa did you know it's all worth the effort. That seeing my kids big and small gathered around you is a tradition to me. Tonight will be the only night the whole gang will step inside a mall together till we repeat the process again next year. We listened to Christmas music in the car and sang along. These memories are priceless to me and I love my big book of pictures from the years past with you in the center.