Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Busy Busy

The Moon house is moving ahead at full speed and I don't see it slowing down any time soon. The school projects have started and here is Parker with his Indian shoebox. He did pretty well on this and took it serious. He even got it finished in time to turn in a day early. He has a better outlook on school now that we have his class switched. He's such a smart talented boy I hate to see him unhappy.
With fall being my favorite time of year I get the itch to cook and try new things. I am learning and testing out new skills like making pie crust and an all homemade apple pie. These things come totally natural to some people but it not something I thought was worth the extra effort and time till now. In an effort to eat healthy and feed my family less preservatives and chemicals I have found a new interest in cooking from scratch. Not that apple pie is a part of my daily diet but it is a great treat in moderation. I was so proud how well it turned out. My very first pie crust was so yummy and not near as difficult as i thought it would be.



I mentioned to Brian the desire to paint the upstairs hall bathroom. He said well go get the paint and really it was that simple. I headed to Lowe's to get paint and shortly after dinner Brian was painting. He did a great job and knocked out the whole job in one night. It looks so great and I am so glad to have it done. Each time I pass by it makes me smile even if there are someones dirty socks thrown on the floor. It lacks some decorative wall stuff but I will find it in time.
This is what happens when you give a toddler a Hershey kiss on a warm day. Big huge mess but he sure was happy the whole way home. It's only chocolate I promise!

Living with these monkeys sometimes will make you laugh even if it's at yourself! I'm glad it's the weekend and I hope it's a good one for you too.