Pages

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bed of Nails


This week Parker's class went to the McWane center on a field trip. The above picture is Parker testing out the bed of nails which was a huge hit with all the 2nd graders. Parker had a great time on the field trip and I did my best to smile and get through the day. I am just not a huge fan of taking lots of kids, some without parents to places like this. A place where they scurry from one thing to another when there are hundreds of other kids with the same mind set. Most of the time you have to deal with rude unsupervised kids breaking in lines and not taking turns. But I survived and he was happy I was there.

Just alittle back story to this picture. Parker went to school dressed in a nice red stripped button down, but when I met him at the Museum he was sporting just his undershirt. It was a cold day and he was half dress in a UNDERSHIRT! I quickly questioned him on where his shirt was and he said he didn't like that shirt and it was at school. I am a bit neurotic about the children dressing nice in public but there was nothing I could do to fix this situation. He was grounded from the Wii for a day for disobeying. I told him maybe I should give him some payback and show up at school in a ridiculous outfit and embarrass him. He said he'd rather just get a spanking. I guess I am atleast thankful the undershirt was new and clean.