Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mom Prevails

12 days post Surgery


For those of you who don't know on the morning of January 10th my Dad returned from letting the dogs in from the backyard to find my Mom laying on the floor unconscious. At the Emergency Room they discovered Mom had a skull fracture and blood clot on her brain. She had brain surgery to remove the clot, fix a brain bleed that they discovered during surgery and they used a plate and screws to fix the fracture.

Since January 10th our lives have come to a screeching halt. Mom has been the top priority for all of us. Mom and Dad's friends, church members and coworkers have been so loving and kind. I know there have been many many prayers sent up for Mom over the last 2 weeks.

Considering all that Mom has been through she is doing great. Each day her communication improves and her memory gets a little sharper. We don't know what all the future holds right now but we are counting our blessings that she is doing so well.

This experience has been the scariest thing I have had to face thus far. The days when my Mom would only be able to speak enough to beg me to help her and to moan in pain were the most heart wrenching in my life. I was spending day and night in her hospital room doing whatever I could to help her just as she would do for me. Mom needed me and I am thankful that Brian,my kids and friends understood this and supported me in any way they could.

I know this has forever changed us. I think we all realize how life can change in a mere second. I believe we learned our family is a strong unit and we can depend on each other in times of crisis. Our love and appreciation for each other has definitely grown.

Thank you for all the prayers and positive thoughts for my Mom. We were all touched by the out pouring of love and support for that we are eternally greatful..