Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Another ENT trip

The penny is to compare size


Last night after Parker showered I told him to make sure to clean his ears . I am a clean freak and like ears to be clean , nails trimmed ,teeth brushed and so on. My kids are completely used to my high (crazy to some) hygiene demands and they know to report back so I can make sure they did a good enough job.

So last night Parker comes to me to check his teeth,ears and such. And I noticed something inside his ear. I got out my flashlight for a better look. And there was a BLUE object in his ear!

I asked without freaking out if he put something in his ear. He said he didn't but a boy at school did. I asked for more details.It seems that a kid in his class threw a piece of chewed on eraser down into Parker's ear while he had his head on his desk on Tuesday. Parker said it felt weird but he had forgotten about it till then.

Brian and I tried to get it out but couldn't so it was off to the ENT today. It took several tries but the Dr. was able to get it out in one piece. The doctor got a good laugh out of it and Parker got a day off school. I did call his teacher to inform her about this and asked her to move Parker away from this kid and to speak with him about it. She assured me it will be handled.